Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Congrats are in Order...and Happy St Patty's Day

First off, Happy Saint Patrick's Day! And congrats to Nature Manipulated, the winner of my embellished prefold set from the Etsy Cloth Diaper Team give-a-way! I hope you love the prefolds!

This is not cloth diaper related, but being St Patty's day and all, I figured I'd ask who celebrates and what you do? I made Irish soda bread for the first time and it came out pretty well. Also I make the typical corned beef and cabbage. I must say that the past couple times I've made it, I tried it in the crock pot and was not really happy with the results. The crock pot really just never got it tender enough where it pretty much falls apart, which is how I like it. Maybe it's the altitude here or maybe it's because my slow cooker is getting old. Either way it didn't come out well with that method, so this time I tried the pressure cooker and was very happy with the results.

This is the recipe I used for the soda bread. I added about 1/2 cup soaked currants w/the buttermilk and a tablespoon of caraway seeds to the dry ingredients. It was delicious!

No comments: