Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Amazingly Good-for-You Chocolate Almond Shake


When I need a tasty, chocolaty treat, I make this shake. It's thick and creamy like a milk shake, but it's actually healthy, too!

Ingredients (all are approximate, I just go by sight):

1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 frozen banana
2 Tablespoons almond butter
1/2 Tablespoon OptOmega oil
1/2 Tablespoon blackstrap molasses (you could omit this if molasses is too strong for you. The reason I have it in right now is for the extra iron needed during pregnancy)
3 scoops Chocolate Whey Nutrimeal
water or ice as needed to thin or thicken the consistency

Blend everything in a blender until well combined. I like to keep my bananas frozen because it makes the shake smooth and thick without having to add extra ice. If your banana is not frozen, I would definitely add extra ice to make it colder, but then you may have to add extra water to thin it out some, too. You can make it super thick like a milkshake or you can make it thin enough to drink with a straw. The beauty of making it at home is you can make it how you like :)

No comments: